Sorry, this event is overMaybe you were looking for…
Mt. Carmel Feast & Fireworks July 13-16, 2018
Mt. Carmel Field
This event has already passed by. Sorry.
MT. CARMEL FEAST & FIREWORKS INFORMATION
July 13-16, 2018
LOCATION: Mt. Carmel Field
56 River Road
Berkeley Heights, NJ
TIME: The fairgrounds will be open from 6-11 PM each night.
- Unlimited wrist bands ($25.00) will be available ONLY July 13-15th.
Wristband purchases can be used for ONE NIGHT ONLY, cannot purchase one wristband for all three (3) nights.
- Wrist bands will NOT be available on July 16th.
- Individual ride tickets will be available July 13-16th. CASH ONLY
Sunday, July 15th – “Mini” Family Friendly Fireworks starting at 9:30 PM
- Bring the whole family for an evening of fun and fireworks!!
- Free admission.
- There will be no parking on the fairgrounds, July 15th for safety reason and in order to allow more room for viewing the show.
Monday, July 16th - Feast Day
8:00 AM - Processional parade through town with the Blessed Mother statue.
The members of Mt. Carmel Society convene at Little Flower Church, on Plainfield Avenue in Berkeley Heights dressed in their "marching attire" and sashes designating their membership at 8:00 AM on July 16th. The Virgin Mary is decorated with beautiful flowers and white ribbons as she’s carefully prepared to travel her journey through town. The travel route is followed each year with designated stops at the homes of previous members. This is done to respect the family, remember loved ones and to honor the tradition.
A band providing Italian American music leads the traditional route through designated areas. To honor the Blessed Mother, many will pin money on the white ribbons she adorns. The funds collected during the parade are later removed and donated to the Little Flower Church. In keeping with tradition, each donor is provided with a Mt. Carmel scapular.
All are welcome to join the procession at any time throughout the route!
After the procession, a short mass is held at Little Flower Church followed by a free picnic lunch held at Peppertown Park on Plainfield Avenue in Berkeley Heights.
Fair and Firework Extravaganza Parking on 7/16
- All parking is off-site on July 16th.
- Handicap parking will be available at Columbia Middle School located at 345 Plainfield Avenue, please try to arrive before 6 PM.
- Springfield Avenue will close to all traffic at 6 PM…Come early!!!!
- Shuttle transportation will be available from Columbia Middle School on Plainfield Avenue to the front gate of the fair starting at 6PM and will end at 10:30 PM.
- THERE WILL BE RETURN SHUTTLE SERVICE AVAILABLE BUT NOT UNTIL AFTER THE EVENT IS OVER AND ALL PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC IS CLEAR FROM THE ROADS!!!
ADMISSION ON JULY 16TH
Online tickets are non-refundable (fees will apply)
This is a rain or shine event
Adult admission and children over 6: $15.00 per person
Children 5 and under: FREE
Ticket holders MUST present their printed ticket at entry gate for scanning.
Admission also available at gate $15.00 ages 6 +
ENTRANCE GATE ON 7/16:
There will be one main gate open for entrance to the fair on 7/16. That gate is located on Springfield Avenue after the Berkeley Car Wash. There will be additional lanes at the main gate to accommodate this change. This was mandated in accordance with the Berkeley Heights Police Department to control the crowds in the residential areas of Garfield, Lincoln, and Washington Street.
Fireworks are provided by the world famous Garden State Fireworks, Santore Bros.
For more information on GSF, please visit: gardenstatefireworks.com
This event is made possible due to the continued support from Garden State Fireworks, Investors Bank, Chimney Rock Inn and the hard work of our members.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!!
If you have additional questions, please inbox us on Facebook or email: firstname.lastname@example.org